Thursday, July 24, 2014

X-Wing TO 1.0.3

A new update is available on the App Store. Here is what's new:

- the tournament results can now be printed, so that each player can see and check the results of his own matches.
- if you connect your device to a TV, the same results will be shown on a big screen, and updated as round results are entered
- the app doesn't use destroyed enemy points anymore. They were only used as a second tie breaker, and it was a bit cumbersome, time consuming and sometimes error prone to enter everything. As there is no official second tie breaker, I've chosen to use the sum of the opponents SoS. It complies with the idea that to break a tie, the best ranked player should be the one that had the most difficult opponents (and that's the official second tie breaker for SW LCG).
- the timer now includes more durations.
- the tournaments now have an image that can be customized, and are now sorted by date.
- avoiding mirror matches in the first round is now an option as this is not an official recommendation.

This updates also contains bug fixes and performance improvements (it now easily handles hundreds of players much faster than before).

If you have any suggestions, let me know ;)

18 comments:

  1. Very good App but with the latest version the points can't be introduced in the rounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you now need to enter the score directly. Points are not used anymore to rank players.

      Delete
  2. Hey mate, hate to drop this one on you, but in the latest x-wing tournament rules, they say to abandon SoS and use points destroyed for tie breakers. Love the app though! Let me know if I'm incorrect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! I would have preferred they kept SoS but I guess it didn't play well with dropped players. So we'll be back to entering destroyed points :)

      An update has already been submitted to Apple. It should be approved in a few days. If you need an updated version before that, you can get in the beta test program.

      Delete
  3. http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support/faq/X-Wing-Tournament-Rules.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just used this to score a tournament but had to resort to paper scoring. On page 2 of the tournament rules under End of Match, the second bullet says timed wins count as a match win if by 12 or more points, otherwise a modified match win. Had one match decided by 13 points (49 to 36) but the app scored it as a draw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey mate, is there a print function available on the app? It would be an awesome addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Axel, please have a look at http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/130950-x-wing-list-juggler/page-7#entry1463812 ; one of your users is asking if you can output to xwing list juggler (www.starwarsclubhouse.com). cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can we PLEASE get an update to the current tournament rules so that a Bye is auto-entered at 150pts? Thanks, love the app!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, this is a great and useful App, is it possible for you to update to the new tournament point rules? Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The update is long overdue but it is coming!

      Delete
  9. Hi, Axel.
    I hope you gt this message. I've not found a different way to get in touch with you.

    I've had great success with the app for running tournaments with my iPad. I just have encountered a bug or two.

    First, I get a crash whenever I attempt to delete a tournament.

    Second, I can't seem to sync to with X-Wing List Juggler. I think I attempted to activate the switch after I had completed the tournament and was exporting it to list juggler a couple of days later. It just doesn't seem to be exporting it at all. In earlier tournaments I have a "delete" option that doesn't seem to be present with the current tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am having the crash when deleting a tournament issue! I wanted to organize my lists a big and it drops me out every time I click the X.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have the latest version? I think this one should be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there,
    I like the XWing TO - but is it possible, that you change the pairing system to the current FFG pairing rules? Meanwhile the pairings should be random in a victory group - not by MOV anymore.
    This would be great - I'm planning a Store Championship Nina couple of weeks and with this change I could use my iPad and must not being other hardware to the store :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Any chance of updating this to accommodate 2.0 MOV?

    ReplyDelete